Friday, April 4, 2008

Porridge For The Little One

'This' became like a weekly ritual ever since my little girl had turned at 7 months old.
Oh, you asking me what?
Cooking porridge of course!

Fortunately my mum have been making porridge for her during her weekdays and when it comes to weekends which are more then often spent with Mummy..
I absolutely have no excuse of not cooking her lunch cum dinner.

My spoilt little one has no liking towards rice cereal with vegetable puree. E.g. Pumpkin puree, etc etc
Her taste buds seems accustomed to cooked food only!
Ah.. the wonders how every baby is different!

Coincidentally while performing my weekly marketing this morning, I found a new ingredient to add to her meals.

Sweet Potato

Yippee! New stuff to try!
Ok, I'm gonna stop the harping and go thru' how to cook 'yummy' meals for the growing baby.

Ingredients:
  1. Sweet Potato x1
  2. Potato x 1/2
  3. Loin Pork
  4. 'Ngoh' fish (Sorry, I don't know what's the English name for the fish)
  5. 'New' rice x1 handful
Ingredient as mentioned above


I like to mention one word of caution:
Cooking porridge is more a delicate job than brewing soups and other stuff.
One mistake and you'll end up with burnt porridge.


Instructions:
  1. Cut up all the veggies into small pieces
  2. Wash rice
  3. Boil the rice with enough water
  4. When boiling (look at picture), throw in all potatoes, sweet potatoes and loin pork
  5. Please remove the bubbles (residue)
  6. Turn the stove flame to the lowest
  7. Boil for like 45 mins.
  8. Throw in the 'ngoh' fish and stir. It will break into small bits which is the way you want it. (The little one can't swallow big bits)
Note: Please keep stirring like every 15min interval.

Boiling before turning down the flame


The End Product

I sincerely hope this post was early enough for my fellow forum mummies whom I promised to.

No comments: