Saturday, April 19, 2008

老黃瓜湯

I don't know what do you call 老黃瓜 in English!
Let's just do a direct translation and call it old cucumber soup eh?
I think there are different versions of this particular soup.
If you know a different one, please drop me a message and share yours.
I added garlic to this one.
It was recommended by a friend of mine who used to work in a restaurant.
She told me that the chefs usually put a few garlic for that extra flavour!
I've tried it and so far my hubby has no negative comments.

So.. We will be using the trusty old slow cooker today.
Ain't that nice?
No need to watch the stove!

Now today's ingredients would need..

  1. 老黃瓜 x1
  2. Loin Bones
  3. Red Dates x12 (seedless)
  4. Aniseeds x1 handful
  5. Garlic x3
  6. Water x100ml
  7. Salt
You need only 5 ingredients

Instructions:
  1. Blanch the loin bones as usual.
  2. Cut 老黃瓜 into pieces
  3. Throw ingredients #1-6 together
  4. Boil for 4 hours
  5. Put salt to taste

一碗老黃瓜湯來了!

No comments: