Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Humble Miso Soup

Sometimes when I'm pretty lazy to get around cooking, I like to make this particular soup.
It's easier then you think and would not take you more then a mere 15 minutes to done deal everything.
However this time round, I had added an additional ingredient which I had acquired at the wet market by chance!
Obviously it didn't cost a great deal.

You can omit this ingredient if you like. The magical thing with making 'The Humble Miso Soup' is that you can add whatever stuff you like in it.
Well, as long as it suits your palate!

I shall stop the harping and go to brief details on how to make this soupie.

Ingredients:
  1. Miso Paste
  2. Ikan Bilis Cube (1/2)
  3. Silken Tofu (1/2)
  4. Water (Chinese bowl x4)
  5. Dried seaweed (Not show in the picture. Get them from Daiso! They cost a mere $2)
  6. Fresh scallops (Optional)

Ingredients as show above

Steps (optional for the scallops part denoted by *):
  1. Wash and soak the scallops in salt water for a while. (There's a great deal of dirt and 'debris')*
  2. Boil water and scald the scallops*
  3. Put the scalded scallops in ice-water for that 'extra crunch'*
  4. Boil a potful of water
  5. Throw in the ikan bilis cube and watch it melt away
  6. Use a ladle and squirt out the miso paste and stir it in (I can't tell you how much to put, but put to taste. Remember to add in small amount & taste everything when not sure)
  7. Throw in the dried seaweed and watch them expand!
  8. Throw in the tofu and watch them get cooked
  9. Finally throw in the scallops and when it's cooked, get ready to serve!

I have no final picture here at this point. I only realised that after my darling hubby and I have finished the pot of humble miso soup.

Enjoy.

No comments: